Friday, August 31, 2007

My 5 Absolute Favorites

Blog Day 2007

Today is the International Blogging Day. I've come across some wonderful and inspiring blogs throughout the last year to the point that some bloggers have become a primary source of information for an expat like me, thirsty of news about Morocco, the Arab-Muslim Worlds and all other centers of interest.

  1. Morocco Savvy: the absolute portal for news on the Moroccan blogosphere. It's run by Global Voices' editor for the region. It's a must!
  2. eatbees: a progressive blog by someone who knows what he's talking about and who happens to be another Moroccan savvy. Also the main page is worth looking at.
  3. 'Aqoul: that's another one introduced by Moroccan Savvy. A prolific blogger. He (or she) has just posted a three part extended analysis on the History of elections in Morocco and a profound reading of events ahead of next 7th of September legislative elections. Highly recommended! (I later discovered, thanks to a comment by eatbees, that in fact this blog is " a collective blog that writes about a variety of Middle East subjects, not just Moroccan politics. They recently invited Moroccan blogger Ibn Kafka to write the three-part series you describe.")
  4. Ben Hein: the Israeli cartoonist is not only a wonderfully talented artist, he's also a courageous and undefatigable pro-Palestinian activist. Inspiring!
  5. And last but not least... The Gazette: a roundup of Palestinian posts and blogs.

7 comments:

Majhoula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hisham, thanks for the shout-out. I like your blog too. I'm glad you started commenting on mine because it led me to yours!

About 'Aqoul, it's a collective blog that writes about a variety of Middle East subjects, not just Moroccan politics. They recently invited Moroccan blogger Ibn Kafka to write the three-part series you describe. 'Aqoul is just his temporary home, because his blog server was down for over a month. In fact, he usually writes in French, not English. He's back in his usual spot now, Obiter Dicta. For francophones it's one of the best sources of Moroccan political commentary.

Hisham said...

@simplymoroccan: Thanks for the tip mate; I'll fix that right away

@eatbees: Now I see about 'Aqoul. Thanks and keep up the good fight!

Ben Heine said...

Dear Hisham, thank you soooo much!
I'm much honoured. You have a fantastic blog. Stay in touch
Ben

Hisham said...

@Ben Hein: It's my pleasure. What an honour to be a fan of yours sir! keep up the good fight.

Jillian said...

Thank you so much Hisham! I just noticed this (I haven't been blogging/reading lately) and I'm honored to be in your top 5!

Hisham said...

@taamarbuuta: You're much welcome my dear. the honor is mine!